Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Little Story

Yesterday I spent the majority of my day acting like a cat. I woke up way too early. I ate breakfast. I napped. I ate lunch. I napped again. You see? Very cat-like.

We did have one planned activity yesterday that forced us all to get dressed and looking more human. Paul's niece celebrated her First Holy Communion yesterday evening. All the children were so sweet and innocent. What a joy to be able to witness such a beautiful sacrament.

One little girl certainly stole my heart. The final child to receive her First Communion was a stunning little girl with dark brown hair and a gorgeous smile. She was accompanied by a helper, gently guiding her through the  motions. I realized that this little love was special in the most loving sense of the word. She glowed like a light shining from within her as she received her First Holy Communion. A smile like no other child had lit up her precious face.

And I cried.

I miss you sweet angel girl. I cannot wait to hold your sweet hand in mine and proudly proclaim that I am your Mommy! You are my daughter! Long awaited and prayed for! A gift to me and our family!

"Hola, Rosita! Yo soy tu Mami!"

I have become quite brave through this process. Whenever I set eyes on a child who is gifted with something special, I cannot help myself. I have an uncontrollable urge to run through the crowd and introduce myself. So, that's what I did. After Mass had ended I searched through the crowd and managed to spot this sweet lovey and go and tell her and her family how wonderful she did and how beautiful she is!!! Her family thanked me for coming to speak and seemed very grateful for the acknowledgement of the hard work that must have gone in to that day. And so I explained that I have a heart with those that are exceptional and that I am waiting to become the mother of a little girl with Down Syndrome.

Her mother looked at me and said those magic words... She is also adopted.

Instant click and her family proceeded to tell me what a gift we would have in our little girl with something extra. It was just a moment in time, but it is moments like this that tend to renew the spirit. It gives new hope to someone who is stuck in a process that sometimes makes no sense.

Thank you, Jesus.

Thank you for sending that sweet soul to Earth to bless her family and to bless me - helping me make it through the coming weeks of waiting. It WILL be worth it!

Have a wonderful, blessed Sunday everyone. Thank you for your prayers and your sweet notes and letters. They mean so much to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment