Sunday, February 16, 2014

Home Study and Stuff

I am going down my list of to-dos and there are quite a bit of things that we need to get finished with FAST.

We have to finish up our home study update. We have our second home visit (of the required two) tomorrow evening. I am hoping that we can wrap up this in the coming week. **please pray**

It would be FANTASTIC if we could get our I-800A out the door as well. We have to have a complete copy of the homestudy for this to happen. **please pray**

Typically, you get a fingerprint date (for the I-800A) in 2-3 weeks from submission. Sometimes the people there will let you squeeze in before you are actually scheduled. **please pray**

When we completed our last I-800A, the lady who handled our case (Brenda, I think?) was fantastic and fast. I hope that we get her - or someone equally nice and efficient! **please pray**

We may or may not be able to get Rose's referral until AFTER this is all complete. That means, we might have to wait another 2 months to get all her information and officially be matched with her. I am hoping that they will have mercy on us and we will get this information sooner, rather than later. **please pray**

While this is happening, I must get our regular FBI fingerprints updated (takes up to 8 weeks), our medicals updated (less than a week) and Paul's employment letter updated (less than a week). After these things are completed, they must also be apostilled, in Montgomery. This can be done in the same day. All of these documents must be current (less than 6 mo old) at the time of travel. No big deal, I have done this 5-6 times in two years. I am getting to be a pro. Ha!

Where does this leave us? Honestly, I have my secret hopeful timeline that NEVER EVER WORKS OUT. So, I have learned to "Let It Go" and let God work on that without my help. As a dear Colombian Mommy friend recently reminded me... "the big hurdle is behind you. The rest are just details. She IS your girl! Focus on that and the rest will come together."

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! They have meant so much to us as we have traveled this path and continue - from today until the day we hug our precious girl!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, Katie! You have become a pro at this paper pushing.....you can rest assured we will be praying! Oh how we want to see this precious girl join her forever family! It is time!

    ReplyDelete